Saturday, March 2, 2013

Yes I'm Still Hanging On

It has been just over a year since I posted here. Much like an elastic band stretched too far, when the mess my life was in finally snapped I got launched.  I moved out of Anaheim and into the Mojave Desert. I'm so far out of my comfort zone, I don't even know what planet I am on. And I still don't have a vehicle!

But I'm still working on making my dreams happen. I do art every day and try to keep my Etsy shop running.  I'm trying to figure out how to make my dreams work when I'm out in the middle of nowhere. At first I didn't even have decent Internet access.  At least I've fixed that temporarily. A friend helped me to get Broadband. I'm not sure how long he'll keep paying for it, so I hope I can get more income so I don't have to go back to 'slower than a turtle on tranquilizers' dial-up. I hate being dependent on the whims of others.

I also have a new granddaughter born in Feb. I haven't even gotten to see her yet because I don't have a way to drive 7 hours. So I'm crossing my fingers that the universe provides a way soon, because I don't want to miss her babyhood. She's already almost a month old!

Here are some photos of my new home.

Taken from my backyard.

Joshua tree in my yard.

Tonight's sunset.

No comments: