Friday, January 9, 2009

Reading Goal

I read some tips from other readers that managed to read 100 books a year. First off, they are in the process of reading more than one book at a time. Which makes sense. You can have a book near anywhere you tend to sit, so by the bed, by the couch, and in the bathrooms, and in the car. You spend more time reading instead of hunting for the book. So I'm down with that.

I've also started reading with a bookmark. I don't need it all the time, but when the TV is on or people are talking, I can put it under each line I'm reading and then find my place a lot quicker if I have to look up and talk to someone.

Right now I'm in the middle of reading Druids. And I have Coyote Waits by Tony Hillerman sitting by my computer so I can read that when I get a chance.

I also want to go to the library soon. I'd like to read Twilight and Inkheart so I can at least get on the waiting list for those.

No comments: